Tuesday 9 September 2014

Introductions are in order...

Hello, and thank you for visiting my blog site. As the title of the blog suggests I will be primarily discussing Public History. You may be asking yourself, what is public history?

To put it simply, a public historian is responsible for taking the study and practice of history outside of the academic realm. They strive to separate themselves from the image of the academic in the ivory tower and are concerned with building bridges between historians and the general public. When studying public history you gain a variety of skills that can be applied to job positions that range from archiving to land claims, from heritage site designation to creating genealogies. The possibilities are vast.

In this blog I will write about my experiences and thoughts as I work towards the completion of my Masters in Public History. I will also discuss my position as a research assistant at Eldon House, a popular museum-house in London, Ontario.

Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned for more posts!


No comments:

Post a Comment